In a consumer-driven market where time is the most coveted currency, Salesforce Console stands poised to step in and give your productivity a much-needed turbo boost. This navigational layout empowers users to manage multiple records and tasks seamlessly on a single screen, keeping you organized and focused rather than lost between tabs or waiting for them to (re)load.
The following outlines the basics of Salesforce Console, exploring its valuable use cases with regard to product management, and providing some advice on making the most of the user experience in Propel.
Basics of Salesforce Console Navigation
The Salesforce Console is designed to enhance productivity in dynamic work environments. With a tab-based workspace, users can access and manipulate data faster while maintaining context and reducing clutter.
Console apps are tailored to provide data quickly and keep things compact. This means users can accomplish tasks without the need to constantly switch between screens, resulting in better efficiency. Console offers a multi-tab experience, meaning users can manage multiple records and objects within a single-screen interface. This eliminates the need to navigate through different pages, enabling users to focus on their work without interruption. As a hidden plus, the backend technical details actually run faster because of the way the Lightning components load on the Console subtabs. That’s a win-win-win (in the park triple, anybody?)
Valuable Use Cases
1. Page Performance Enhancement: One of the standout benefits of Console Navigation is improved page performance. With minimized calls to the backend and optimized loading of components like Lightning Web Components (LWC), users experience faster load times and smoother interactions.
2. Contextual Work Management: Console Navigation empowers users to work within a specific context, such as managing a Bill of Materials (BOM), change orders, or quality issues. Internal tabs and subtabbing enable users to maintain focus while accessing related information.
3. Efficient Navigation: Users can save time by leveraging predefined list views for quick access to filtered searches. The split-view concept allows users to search for records while retaining context, making data retrieval and updates faster.
4. Tab Grouping for Organization: Users can create multiple tab groupings to keep their work organized. For instance, grouping records that need attention into tabs like "Working on these..." streamlines the workflow and increases productivity.
5. Cross-Reference and Contextual Understanding: Console Navigation enables users to view key areas like Items, Changes, and Quality all in one place. This cross-referencing improves understanding, context, and decision-making.
Unified Workspace for Streamlined Product Management
In the context of Propel Software, Salesforce Console Navigation offers a unique advantage by consolidating various aspects of product management within a single workspace. Just like tabs in a web browser, Console Navigation enables users to work with multiple records and processes without the need to switch between different pages. This ability is especially valuable in Propel's complex environment, where product and commercial teams collaborate across PLM, PIM, and QMS functions. Salesforce Console Navigation puts more value into Product Value Management.
Contextual Work Management and Split View
The split-view functionality is a standout feature within Console Navigation. Users can view lists on one side while focusing on specific records on the other. This concept enhances efficiency by allowing users to quickly access related information. For instance, a user managing a case in Propel can simultaneously view all related cases in a list, expediting the decision-making process.
Performance Optimization for Quicker Insights
Console Navigation not only enhances productivity but also improves performance. This might seem counterintuitive, but having everything within one workspace reduces the need for continuous backend calls. The result is faster loading times and smoother interactions, contributing to a more efficient user experience.
Cross-Reference and Organized Navigation
In Propel, Console Navigation empowers users to navigate through complex relationships, such as items and engineering change orders. Users can create custom tab groupings to keep track of records that require attention. This organization facilitates seamless navigation, enabling users to efficiently switch between various workstreams without losing context.
Familiarity and Onboarding
Because Propel Software aligns with the Salesforce platform, users can benefit from the familiarity that comes with Console Navigation. Standard Salesforce apps like cases, CRM, and service cloud already leverage the console interface. This consistency not only aids onboarding but also ensures users are comfortable with the navigation style, improving adoption rates.
Console Navigation in Propel: Enhancing User Experience
Propel Software's product value management (PVM) platform is the only solution of its kind that unifies teams, processes, and information across product lifecycle management (PLM), product information management (PIM), and quality management (QMS). Console Navigation seamlessly integrates with Propel's comprehensive capabilities, delivering a streamlined experience for users. Let's take a closer look at how this integration enhances Propel's functionality.
To get the most out of Salesforce Console Navigation, consider these quick tips and key functions.
1. Efficient Record Management
- Pinning List Views: Propel users can pin their most frequently accessed list views, such as product lifecycle stages or quality checks, to quickly access them.
- Kanban Views: Visualize product development stages or quality checks using the Kanban view. This allows for easy drag-and-drop updates.
- Split List Views: Access records and their list view simultaneously. This is especially useful when reviewing product details alongside a list of similar products.
- Inline Editing: Make quick edits directly in the list view, saving time on product updates or modifications.
2. Enhanced Usability
- Favorites: Bookmark frequently accessed records, reports, or dashboards related to product development or quality checks for quick access.
- Display Density: Choose between 'Comfy' or 'Compact' display settings to view product details in a manner that suits your preference.
3. Optimized App Functionality
- Utility Bar: Get quick access to frequently used tools like notes or recent records. This can be especially useful for jotting down product ideas or feedback.
- Customized Navigation Bar: Rearrange or add essential items like product categories or quality check modules to your navigation bar for easy access.
- App Launcher: Quickly switch between different Propel modules or access all items and objects related to product management.
4. Console App Features
- Pin Tabs: Pin frequently accessed product records or quality checks for quick access.
- Customize Tabs: Rename tabs to easily identify different product records or stages.
- Console Shortcuts: Use keyboard shortcuts to quickly navigate through the console, enhancing efficiency during product management.
5. Standard-Navigation App Features
- Dropdown Features: Use the dropdown on tabs to quickly create new records, access favorite or recent records, or open recent list views related to product management.
For the Best Experience, Adopt Lightning Web Components
If you haven’t upgraded your Salesforce environment to LWC yet, what are you waiting for? Propel's Console Navigation is powered by LWC, and it's your ticket to unlock the game-changing features we’ve discussed. Integrating LWC within Console apps can further enhance page performance and provide a more responsive user experience.
The convergence of Propel's PVM platform and Console Navigation's features equips users with the tools they need to navigate complex product lifecycles, collaborate effectively, and deliver exceptional products.
By leveraging these capabilities, product companies can create a seamless flow of information, drive business process efficiencies, and accelerate time-to-market. Propel's vision of modern software aligns seamlessly with Salesforce Console, shaping a new era of efficiency, collaboration, and innovation.